ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Award
Our Gold and Platinum Packages Have Received
The ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Award
This means these windows are not simply certified by ENERGY STAR, but considered exceptional in energy efficiency.
WHAT AN ENERGY STAR MOST EFFICIENT WINDOW MEANS FOR YOU
ENERGY STAR prides itself on being an unbiased source for consumers with the goal of saving energy for them as individuals and ultimately the planet.
According to the ENERGY STAR website:
“Looking for the ENERGY STAR label is a simple way to save you money and protect the environment. Now EPA offers ENERGY STAR
Most Efficient 2020, a distinction recognizing products that deliver cutting edge energy efficiency along with the latest in technological innovation.”
It is an award that truly represents the best of ENERGY STAR. This means that you are truly getting the quality you deserve.
Our windows have proven that they can and will save you in energy costs while delivering the day-to-day comfort you seek. In fact, professional remodelers surveyed by Remodeling Magazine rated our vinyl windows #1 for quality.
OUR TOP 10 ENERGY EFFICIENCY FEATURES
1. Triple-Pane Window – This means there are three pieces of glass between you and the elements. Just as three blankets are warmer than one, three panes of glass are much more insulating than just one or two.
2. Super-Insulating Krypton gas – Well insulated windows have gas between the panes to reduce energy loss and heat gain.
- Argon gas is a great insulator, however for the ultimate in energy performance, Krypton gas is always the best way to go. It is 105% denser than Argon gas, and is the densest gas available for use in windows.
- Our Platinum series triple pane windows have double protection with two chambers filled with Krypton gas. This prevents energy transfer between the outside air and the inside air.
3. 1-Inch Thick Insulated Glass Units in our Triple Pane Windows – This allows for the highest density of insulating gas between the panes. Regardless of choosing Krypton gas or Argon gas, more insulation is always better!
4. Advanced Solar Control Low E Coating – Designed to reduce harmful sun rays that overheat your home by blocking the sun’s damaging UV energy and other contributors to fading. This helps keep your home cooler and aids in protecting interior furnishings, fabrics and carpets. When the temperatures turn cold, the high insulating value helps reduce furnace heat loss through windows
5. Multi-Chamber Extrusion Design: Instead of one chamber in the window frame, there is a web of multiple chambers. These chambers block air movement preventing condensation and outside/inside air exchange.
6. Neopor® Foam-Filled Extrusion Chambers: Within the multi-extrusion chamber is an insulating foam. This goes above-and-beyond other window designs that simply allow trapped air to provide the needed insulation. Neopor® is a graphite polystyrene rigid foam insulation that gives maximum efficiency and sustainability in building products. It is comprised of many small pockets of air within a polymer matrix containing graphite. The graphite reflects radiant heat energy like a mirror, increasing the material’s resistance to the flow of heat, or R-value. Most polymer-based foams exhibit a greater ability to slow the movement of heat as the temperature decreases; however, Neopor® is unique because it increases R-Value as the temperature outside drops.
7. Virgin Vinyl: Our windows are constructed of SunShield® Vinyl. Vinyl ensures long-lasting color retention and low maintenance, plus the added confidence of a warranty against rotting, cracking, pitting, corroding and peeling. The vinyl is resistant to rot, insect and microbial damage, never requires painting and is easy to clean.
8. ComforTech™ Warm Edge Glazing System, featuring the Super Spacer® Reverse Dual Seal Technology For reduced heat loss, warmer glass temperatures and reduced interior condensation. All ComforTech™ products have passed stringent testing and are IG Certified to insure the seals are durable and will not leak.
9. Bulb Seal and Barrier Fin Weatherstripping Provides a very effective barrier against air, water, dust and noise, sealing against even and
uneven surfaces with resistance to abrasion.
10. INNERGY™ Thermal Reinforcements: Fiberglass reinforced resin inserts fit inside window frame chambers for even greater support and insulation.
How Can I Know These Window Features Make a Difference?
ENERGY STAR does not care about our features, ENERGY STAR cares about results.
Likely you feel much the same way.
Let us give you an example of how ENERGY STAR measures the results of the window.
ENERGY STAR looks at 5 factors when looking at windows.
You can find more about each of the factors on our NFRC Window Label Page.
For now, let’s just look at what is called U-Factor.
U-Factor measures heat transfer. Essentially, it is measuring how well the window is insulated.
The lower the U-Factor, the better.
ENERGY STAR has U-Factor requirements depending on which region of the United States you live. For example, the U-Factor requirement is much stricter in Minnesota then Mississippi.
Interestingly, the ENERGY STAR requirement boundary changes between Kansas City Proper and St. Joseph MO. Kansas City sits right on the edge of the more strict requirements for the North region of the United States. In our opinion, we think that people in the Kansas City Metro area should have windows that meet the same requirements as St. Joseph MO.
The basic U-Factor requirement for ENERGY STAR certification in Kansas City is 0.30 or less and in St. Joseph MO 0.29 or less.
Our window’s U-Factors range from 0.15 to 0.30 depending on the energy package you choose – meeting or exceeding what is required by ENERGY STAR for the coldest regions.
This plus many other factors are why our windows EARNED the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Award
So, if your current windows do not meet ENERGY STAR’s current requirements, just think of how well insulated your home will be once you have our ENERGY STAR Most Efficient windows!
If you’re ready to reduce your energy costs, Window Depot KC will be happy to show you how our windows can make a big difference for you!