Kansas City Double Hung and Casement Windows
Kansas City Double Hung Window
The Kansas City Double-Hung Window is a Classic and one of the Most Popular choices for replacement windows.
What is a Double-Hung Window?
First, let’s explain what a window sash is. The window panes of glass are held together by a window sash. The sash sits inside the window frame and moves up or down.
A Double-Hung Window Consists of the Following:
- Two operating sashes – one on top and one on the bottom
- Sashes move vertically up and down, allowing the window to open
- Both lower and upper sash tilt inwards for easy access for cleaning while the screen stays in place.
Kansas City Casement Window
What is a Casement Window?
Kansas City Casement Windows operate much like a door; they are hinged on one side and use a hand-crank mechanism to open outwards.
Advantages of a Casement Window:
- An Uninterrupted View – One large panel that opens outward, results in an unobstructed view that brings the outdoors in
- Maximum Ventilation – Since the entire panel opens, casement windows are one of the best windows for airflow.
- Features – The washability hinge provides easy access to both inside and outside of window for cleaning. The folding handle tucks conveniently out of the way of most window treatments and provides a clean, finished look.
Trying to Decide Between a Casement Window or a Double-Hung Window?
While there are no hard and fast rules, a modern casement window is usually considered more of a modern or contemporary look, while double-hung windows are more traditional or historic. The choice will be important to consider in the overall look and curb appeal of your home. Windows play a major role in architectural appearance.
Casement windows work well over a counter or sink, because they are easy to reach and open with the crank, while a double-hung window would be difficult to open. Still want the look of a double-hung window over the sink? Add grids to your casement window to imitate the look and feel you desire.
if a casement opens onto a deck, it might block a pathway. A double-hung window might be more suited for this situation.
In a bedroom it is important to pick the best window to provide egress from the room. it could be a casement, or double-hung window depending on which will allow the easiest escape.
Superior Quality you can Afford – Window Depot KC Signature Series Windows
More About Our Windows: Features, Easy Cleaning, Earned the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient Award given to only the Best of the Best, Built to Last, and Custom Design and Color.