Double Hung Window
DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS
DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS IN KANSAS CITY
THE TRADITIONAL AMERICAN WINDOW
Are you looking for a classic window that’s as efficient as it is beautiful? Introducing the Double Hung Replacement Window — our most popular vinyl replacement window. Double Hung windows are often the ideal window for homeowners, and there are many reasons why. Double Hung windows feature two operable sashes; one on the top and one on the bottom. It is generally taller than it is wide. The sashes move vertically, allowing the window to easily slide open. Furthermore, Double Hung windows offer a tilt-in mechanism for easy cleaning.
There are endless design and style options to match the beauty of your home. You can also choose the color of your vinyl, the grid style, and even an interior simulated wood finish. Homeowners can’t go wrong when choosing the classic Double Hung Window. As our most popular replacement window, the Double Hung has a convenient tilt-in mechanism that allows for easy cleaning, while featuring distinct styling and endless decorative options to match your home and your lifestyle.
Double Hung Replacement Windows by Window Depot Kansas City features a variety of styles and energy saving features that will meet and exceed your expectations. Add unparalleled value and timeless design to your home by selecting Doube Hung Vinyl Windows. Our quality Double Hung windows are durable and last a lifetime.
Double Hung Window Characteristics
- Two operating sashes – one on top and one on the bottom
- Typically taller than wide
- Sashes move vertically
- Both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning
It’s easy to see why the Double Hung is the best choice residential window. It’s easy to use, functional and classic. Window Depot USA manufactures custom made Double Hung windows to fit your home and your budget.
Our Clear Value and Signature Series Double Hung windows incorporate 1-inch-thick insulated glass units on our Triple Pane windows, 3/4-inch constant force stainless steel balancers and specially formulated uiPVC material. These ingredients create Double Hung windows that withstand the harshest conditions while saving energy.
Double Hung Window Features & Options
- 100% virgin uiPVC formulation (standard)
- Multi-chamber extrusion design for structural integrity and thermal performance (standard)
- Insulated Glass Units that are 1″ thick (standard for Triple Pane)*
- Cam-style lock mechanisms for superior Forced Entry Resistance, or ‘FER’ (standard)
- Integrated, extruded lift rails (standard)
- Equal visible glass sightlines (standard)*
- Warm Edge glass spacing system (standard)
- Double or Triple Stacked Low Emissivity Glass – “Low E” (option)
- Argon or Krypton inert, insulating Gas (option)
- Colonial and Diamond Grids (option)
- Tempered Safety Glass (option)
- Interior Simulated Wood Finish (option)**
- Exterior Polymer Color Finish (option)**